Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Blog 1: Autobiographical


Blog 1: Autobiographical

My name is Katia Perez. I am 17 years old and I was born on November 19, 1994 in Brooklyn, New York. My family is from Puerto Rico but I have lived in Brooklyn my whole life. I live with both of my parents and my two siblings, one brother and a sister. I graduated from Murry Bergtraum High School last June.

Graduating high school was a big accomplishment for me and it was one of the many goals I plan to accomplish. My next goal in life is to finish college and become a registered nurse. I know that it will be challenging to achieve this goal but I plan to work hard to get what I want and reach that point in my life no matter what obstacles I come across. I’ve learned from experience throughout my life that nothing comes easy and you have to work hard at everything in order to become successful.

As a child my parents pushed me to work hard at everything, whether it was doing homework or playing a sport. When I was younger I played a few sports. My family is made up of a lot of males so growing up I was always surrounded by boys and I took an interest into sports. I loved playing basketball, softball, handball, and sometimes football. Even though I wasn’t very good at some of these sports, I practiced until I got a little better. In high school I played on the varsity softball team with the Lady Blazers. All of the team became like a family. We helped each other on and off the field, whether it was improving our batting skills or working on a school project we helped each other out. Joining the schools softball team was a great experience. It helped me develop and improve different skills, such as communicating with other people.

Playing softball is just one of my many hobbies. I enjoy doing many things like watching movies, listening to music, reading, and hanging out with my friends. I hope this helps everyone get to know a little bit about who I am. 

-Katia

No comments:

Post a Comment